One of the question’s we ask most is, what time is it? The answer gives us an idea of how much time we have left or an idea of where we need be next. In ministry, the answer is usually, where we need to be next. Yes it’s currently summer, however, in many ways it’s fall. We are thinking about fall, preparing for fall and getting ready for people as they transition from summer into fall.
The fall usually represents the most important and strategic time in any small group ministry. It’s when we rally the troops and launch people into a small group experience.
So in many ways, even though it’s summer right now, it’s really fall because we are getting ready to launch people into small groups. So, when people ask you what time is it, you simply say it’s…
-Time to choose a small group curriculum that creates a life changing experience for our people
-Time to hit up new and existing leaders to prepare them for the launch of new small groups
-Time to go after the masses and get people in small groups
-Time to create momentum and identity for your Small Group’s Ministry
-Time to get people and the ministry organized for the adventure ahead
Of course, we have a way to make all of this easier and more effective for you and your church. We believe the Liquid method and Liquid experience is designed to help you and your church accomplish all of the above. Liquid is more than a DVD curriculum, it’s a way to create momentum and launch people into small groups. Liquid is designed to help you accomplish the following.
1. Liquid is designed to create a buzz in our church. That’s why we provide high quality trailers on our DVD’S. These trailers are snapshots of what people are going to jump into. Use these trailers in your ministries, on your web page and in the weekend service as a way to get people excited about jumping into a small group and getting a thirst for Liquid and participating in a small group.
2. Liquid is designed to create a great experience for your small group. Liquid is simply a modern day parable on film. It’s a story that helps people see how life works, how scripture makes a difference and it connects are head to our heart by using emotion and story. Think about it, as a small group leader we want people to have a great experience, to be moved and to literally say that was worth my time and commitment. Liquid is just that.
3. Liquid is designed to make the job easier for the small group leader. In fact, one of the biggest reasons we created Liquid is to tee our leaders up to win, to provide a way for their group to have a great experience without depending on them. Most leaders don’t have the gift of teaching, although many times that’s what we ask them to do. Liquid is created to make it easy and fun for the leader. We have created a story on DVD in partnership with a methodology called Flow Questions. It’s really about the power of a good question. Most people can lead a group if they have a tool that works and questions that are well written. Liquid makes it easy for a leader and because of this more leaders surface. Why? Simple, because leaders want to get their hands on the best tools and technology available to them. So, Liquid not only makes it easy for a leader but easy for you to recruit more leaders!
4. Liquid is designed to help your church in aligning your teaching series to your small group curriculum. Many churches align their weekend teaching to the Liquid series they have chosen to use. For example, you may choose Live at Five (book of James) as your small group curriculum in the fall while your Teaching Pastor does a series on the book of James. That’s alignment and synergy and for small group’s ministry that’s a win!
5. Finally, Liquid has appeal. The look, feel and graphics give people a sense of quality. That’s what people are looking for. Something that brings value and quality to their life. Many churches use images and graphics from Liquid products to create banners, sign up cards and print material designed to connect people to the Liquid Experience. We work hard in making sure you can use Liquid as a way to brand your next series and launch.
There are more reasons to use Liquid as you think about fall. Feel free to contact us for more ideas and ways to use Liquid. Also, we offer discounts on bulk orders to make it easy for you to use Liquid as a way to launch people into small groups.
Enjoy the fall!
Meet Chris Lagerlof. Chris worked for 17 years as a Pastor and Champion of several ministries (including small groups and evangelism) at Mariners Church in Irvine, CA. His experience, expertise and joy of seeing others “get it” are what motivated Chris to consult, coach and ignite individuals and churches. Chris’s 17 years of experience in executive leadership, evangelism and church growth has helped him develop and refine ideas, strategies and tactics to help individuals at all levels of an organization grow, change and move ahead. Chris is the Lead Strategist at HI-DEF Consulting and Solutions and the COO of Liquid. Chris lives in Irvine, CA with his beautiful wife Kristen and 2 daughters, Tessa and Mandy.